Invest in your professional future by joining the North Carolina Psychological Association (NCPA). You will join a network of psychologists working to protect and expand your profession.
Prior NCPA Members – Please Contact Office
- Publications such as “The North Carolina Psychologist” issued 4 times a year, Membership Directory, Division of Professional Practice Directory;
- Consumer and Psychologist Advocacy as members of several coalitions and an active participant in legislative advocacy regarding professional issues;
- Continuing Education programs;
- An annual conference covering clinical, political, financial, and professional issues affecting psychology;
- Community Relations and Public Service
- Must have a Doctoral or Master’s degree in psychology or an area that is psychological in nature. They must be currently licensed by the NC Psychology Board or include a current official transcript of graduate degree in psychology.
- Graduate Students shall be in advanced study programs in psychology. The application must include a letter from the department verifying degree candidacy or include a current official transcript.
- Undergraduate Students shall be students who are majoring in psychology. The application must include a letter (on school letterhead) from a college or university indicating that student is majoring in Psychology and currently enrolled with the anticipated graduation date.
- Are members who have been in good standing with NCPA and have moved to another state, or persons from another state who wish to become NCPA members. The application must either indicate licensure in North Carolina or include a current official transcript of graduate work in psychology.
- Must demonstrate an interest in psychology (as evidenced by graduate study, scientific publication, clinical experience, or other acceptable activity in the field) but do not meet member or student member requirements. They must submit a current official transcript.
Applications are voted on by the NCPA Board of Directors. Applicants will be notified soon thereafter of the action taken.